About Me

My photo
I am fun loving, light hearted, positive and determined individual who believes that we can all help each other, whether it be something small or something grand :)

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Let it rain :)



First off………………….Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Followed by a very Happy Birthday to myself (it was on the 3rd of January for those of you who did not know) and a Happy first day back to school and more important Happy beginning of 7th semester! What an exciting past week it has been  :)

So it is currently 3 in the morning and I am spending my time in the VTH (veterinary teaching hospital) along with one of my fellow colleagues doing our first clinical shift at Ross U.   At the moment we have four hospitalized cases, two of them being an HBC (a hit by car) who seem relatively stable but these cases always have the chance to decompress quite rapidly.   Most likely one of them will have its front leg amputated tomorrow and the other one should recover quite well without any problems. Then there is a poor dog who has some kind of nasal abnormality that it is making it difficult for him to breath or in my doctor terms the animal is dyspnic :P.  Tomorrow morning he is supposed to have a rhinoscopy done to see what is going on as they apparently could not see anything on radiographs.  I’ll have to check in tomorrow afternoon to see the results as I feel so bad with him as he sleeps in his cage with his mouth partially open.

Some of you may be wondering why I am in the clinic at 3am considering it is the first day of school.  Well the honest truth is that I volunteered for this shift :D  They asked if anyone would be interested in getting some experience working in the clinic and I said yes please J  In retrospect I guess it would have been more interesting if I signed up for the shift at regular hours as I would have been able to diagnose and help stabilize these patients but I also did not want my entire day spent on campus.  Although now I am spending the entire night at school and not getting any sleep before class in the morning.  Hmmmm what was my rationale when I signed up for these shifts?  Or right making myself available for our Semester Olympics so I could help win the soccer tournament this time around haha :P   Tomorrow morning should not be so bad, I am definitely not looking forward to Thursday morning when I do another one of these shifts Wednesday evening.  Who knows perhaps an emergency will pop up and my night will be a lot more preoccupied.  I never want or wish any harm to any animal but from a learning and educative stand point it would be nice to get my hands dirty sort of speak instead of just playing bed nurse at the moment.  Still baby steps and everything will come in due time; it is the experience and exposure that counts for the moment ;)

Onto the update of my current situation; as you can still my online donation charity is still more or less at the same level as it was before Christmas, which is to be expected considering the holidays but I am hoping that more people will donate once the holiday cheer and what not has worn off.   Although I did get quite a few donations in person from people and I actually had a couple of teachers tell me that they would donate some cash to my cause as well.  I cannot say once again how appreciative I am of any donation or any help that has been provided to me over this last little while.  Ill try and keep you posted and updated as I go but seventh semester seems like it is going to be quite a busy one so hopefully I can survive this semester and hopefully with enough contributions from generous souls such as yourself I’ll be able to go to and start my clinical rotations come four months.

So until my next post...........

Much love to all =D

Once again please share this with whoever you can, every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate

Donate
All Donations are very much appreciated. Thank You.